Thread: Streaming Music
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 09:30 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 650 convertible!!!
The Dension Gateway 500 is $420 or so, the Dension BTA1500 Bluetooth Module is another $85 or so, a bit pricey for what you want to do.

If you want to stream music then go buy yourself a dedicated streaming device. With the one I list below you will use the Stereo cable and plug it into your AUX In headphone port. Then, when you get in your car, the phone will auto-connect to the streamer wirelessly and you can hear everything through your Aux setting in Idrive. The stream device is always attached to your Aux In port.

I use the Blackberry Bluetooth Gateway for my Wifes Iphone. I like that one in particular because it does not work off of a rechargeable battery, it is USB powered and when plugged into the cigarette lighter turns off and on with the car ignition (or hardwire it in like I did). Other devices on the market require that you plug them in periodically to charge, nothing I hate than losing the connection because the device is dead and you forgot to remove and charge. By the way, the Iphone will still connect to the car bluetooth for phone calls, it does keep a simultaneous connection the the car and the streamer at the same time. When listening to music it will flip over to the phone, then back to the music when the call is finished.

The Blackberry module may not be made anymore but they are still being sold, also on ebay, probably cost at the most $50. The only bad part that I have found, and I have tested 4 different streaming devices, is that the overall sound quality is degraded a bit. But others love the sound quality so perhaps I am too picky.

Last edited by tampamark; 11-26-2012 at 09:33 AM.