View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 10:05 AM

Mein Auto: 328i
ED vacation in Austria?

My wife, who is originally from Austria, and I are considering moving from California back to Austria to be closer to her family. We did our first European Delivery this summer and it was fantastic....which has me thinking of a possible business idea for if/when we move to Austria -- personal tours of Europe and bed and breakfast.

I'm American, and speak passable German...but my job options still would be fairly limited if/when we move back there. We own a 5 bed/2 bath house in a quaint farm village in the Alpine foothills. I keep thinking it would be cool (and profitable) if I could run a bed and breakfast business with personal day-trip tours of places like Munich, Salzburg, Vienna, Alpine region, etc. My thought is I would cater to them from and American's perspective, visiting Europe likely for the first time - or like a "European Vacation of a Lifetime". I'd plan trips for people and even be tour guide for some trips.

My question to anyone who reads this - especially BMW ED dealers - is do you all think there'd be a way to cross-market my idea to new ED owners? I would market almost exclusively to middle- to upper-class Americans, and really push them to combine a fantastic vacation with a new BMW.

Is there any dealers out there who could see this being a good idea? My thought is I could partner with one BMW ED dealer in as many major US cities as possible. I could then push business to that dealer from the perspective of someone who actually has done the ED program. The dealer does the BMW paperwork, I help arrange a dream vacation, complete with personal (small group) tours of Austria and Bavaria.

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

Thanks
Advertisement