View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 10:40 AM
BMW Rookie

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW X1 xDrive 28i
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsturn View Post
I ordered my X1 s28i, I'm so excited. I have been waiting to order the X1 since I first heard it was going to be released in the US. I wanted something small but still needed room for my shepherds, the X1 is the perfect size for me and I love the way it looks. I have driven a van or SUV for the last 14 years and can't wait to drive something more sporty. Initially I was going to buy the AWD since I live in Alaska but I decided to retire and move back to Florida and don't need the AWD. After 14 years in Alaska I hope to never see snow again.

As a side note I lived in Anchorage and now live in Kenai I have driven a FWD Honda Odyssey for 12 years and never had to put snowtires on it and I have never had a problem getting around up here. They keep the roads plowed and in good condition, actually they are better in winter because the potholes are filled with snow.

BMW X1

2.0-liter, TwinPower Turbo, inline 4-cylinder engine Rear-wheel drive
Cashmere Silver metallic
Sand Beige 'Nevada' Leather
Light Fineline Wood Trim
Lighting Package
Ultimate Package
Sports leather steering wheel with paddle shifters
Chrome-line exterior trim
Heated front seats
Roof rails in Aluminum Satin

I paid the invoice price based on BMWconfig.com, but it is actually $800 over invoice when you add the Florida Doc Fees to the price. My X1 should arrive in Florida mid January.
Congrats! You'll love it, I have no doubt about it.

I have to disagree with you about the snow, though; I can't get enough of it :-)

Enjoy retirement!

-=My Garage=-
2013 BMW X1 xDrive 28i, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather pkg, and Tech Pkg
2006 BMW X3 3.0i, Premium Pkg, Xenons, Cold weather pkg, Nav - RETIRED
2006 BMW X3 3.0i, Cold weather pkg, Nav
2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport

"Well behaved women rarely make history." - Lauren Thatcher Ulrich