View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 05:36 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2003 530IA
Quote:
Originally Posted by oltom View Post
About your start up after the overnight pressure test with pressure drop. Any white smoke out the tailpipe? Of course if your driving a mopar classic I'm sure you know where I'm going with this.
Did your antifreeze fluid consumption/loss rate increase during the period of time after pressure test and the running unstable period? Motor ever been overheated or run on the hot side, but still in limits? No need to reply just food for thought in the the even you haven't gone down that road already.

White smoke; Not that I can remember but I was more worried on what the heck was going on at the time.

Increase after pressure test; No

Overheat; Never since I've owned it as a CPO at 52K miles. Temp Always runs right in the middle. Could something have happened with the previous owner? Possibly but my dealer did give me a copy of all service history on the car and nothing other than maintenance service wiper blades dead bulbs, showed up. Overall quite clean hence I bought it. One owner car, not leased.

Perhaps I'll pressure test it again and see what happens. Part of me does not want to know. What does seem to be clear is that combustion gases are not leaking into the cooling system nor is any oil. I do not see any antifreeze in the oil either.

I was thinking of buying a UV dye and see if I can pinpoint leaks from that.