View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 08:23 PM
BMW Platinum VisaŽ Member

Mein Auto: BMW M428i
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_clueless View Post
If I used the same ratio of income:cost of car as BJ, I'd have to be in a Yaris.
LOL. Forget the fact that my wife and I make a boatload of cash every month because that doesn't matter- we don't live that way. Mr. Ritchie Rich doesn't allocate a measly $549 a month for a car. We're actually quite conservative and prudent, quite proud of us, in fact.

What we budget for our monthly household expenses will be very close to what you and most everyone else budgets; we're just fortunate that what we don't spend goes right into savings and gets us closer to an early retirement and fully-paid college educations for our 4 children.

The car we drive is the great equalizer anyway. We all can afford a $50,000 car either via purchase or via lease. That's the constant. The variable isn't what you and I make or even the differences in our lifestyles. The variable is the age of the car each of us is driving for virtually the same exact expenditure.

BJ

2015 BMW 428i Gran Coupe | M-Sport Line | Premium | Technology | DHP | HK | Driver Assistance
Mineral Grey Metallic | Coral Red Leather | Park Assist | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House