View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 07:42 PM
BMW Platinum Visa® Member

Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
I think you overestimate the out of pocket costs for some cars. I have a 2006 Honda Accord, loaded with leather and Nav. It is a very comfortable car, not too far removed from your '04 TL. Since I paid it off 2.5 years ago, I've spent exactly $50 in maintenance (rear brake pads), and oil changes every 7500 miles. That's $10/month in maintenance, literally.
Very fair, and as I said the math isn't precise, just some top-of-head averages to play with.

Similarly, while the out-of-warranty expenses might be overstated, the compounded increase from the $50K float in the market is likely understated, might be a wash.

The conclusion (and I think we're both somewhat in the same place on this) is that the difference between owning and leasing during the same timespan of the purchase period is only a few bucks a month different. Could be as little as $25 could be as much as $100, but big-picture that's not a lot of money for those of us fortunate enough to be driving cars like these.

BJ

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®