View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 08:26 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 X3
Unhappy Constant flat tires

My wife and I bought a new X3 not even one year ago.
The first few weeks that we had the vehicle my wife drove it aprox 30kms to work.
The flat tire warning light came on very early on the trip, probably within 10kms
She continued to slowly make her way to work
Arriving at work she discovered that all 4 tires were flat and 3 of the were completely flat!
( Did not even register on the tire gauge)I went to her work place and put enough air in the tires to be able to drive it up onto the flat deck truck that BMW sent out to pick it up.
Of course the dealership had never seen anything like this before!
The dealership put a thick sealant on the rims to help seal the tires better
I was concerned about the condition of the tires after been run totaly flat, but the dealership told me that there should be no concerns!
The vehicle would have had less than 1000kms on at the time
Now the vehicle is having trouble holding air on the left rear.... with aprox 26,000 kms on the vehicle.
I do like the dealership in Saskatoon, BUT when I talked to one of the service writers, he asked me how often I checked the pressure in the tires. I told him that I hadn't for some time. He advised that I should check the tires on a regular basis!
This is when I got upset. This is a vehicle for my wife. I told the sevice writer that I seldom have anything to do with the vehicle and like it that way
I told him that I like to check the oil in my vehicles engines myself too, but BMW says it is not necessary for me to do that task, so why should I have to keep checking the pressure in these flippen tires?
Has anyone out there had anything similar happen to them, and what have they done about it?
Sorry for being so long, but I believe the dealership should have replaced these tires when we first had all of the tires go flat?
Left rear was 10 psi low tonight... After about one week
Advertisement