View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 09:14 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmadr View Post
I see. If I understand correctly, it would be the same case for adding LDW or even collision avoidance. Please correct me if I'm wrong. BTW, my car only has AHB, blind spot, and top/rear/side view cameras.

Thanks
No, not the same. If you have AHB, and you want SLI, you shouldn't need any additional hardware, but you do need an expensive FSC Code. SLI also requires Nav as it uses both the KAFAS Camera imagery and data from the Nav System. If you want to add LDW though, it does not require an expensive FSC Code, and you can code it to where it is always on, at least on the F10 you can, however, you really need to add the dash control switch and the vibration module / steering wheel to be OEM proper. So, one requires an FSC Code, and the other Requires some additional hardware.

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - 2TB SAT / 6WB MFID Cluster / 4U1 Ceramic Controls / 6NR BMW Apps / Rear Fog Lights / Cyba Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips