View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 08:40 AM

Mein Auto: 2004 Z4
Storm Sandy results in one less Z4 on the road -- now some leftovers for sale

Well, I think the title pretty much says it all. But for those curious, my beloved 2004 Z4 roadster was flooded as a result of Hurricane Sandy and has since been totaled by my insurance company. I'm still in the process of "negotiating" the residual value based on all of the upgrades I had installed in her (K40, etc.). Sigh...

But I do have some leftover parts that I had either purchased for her and either never gotten around to installing or had previously removed. I'll be posting everything on eBay in the coming week or two, but wanted to give this forum first crack. I'm not looking to get rich on any of this, more just clear out the closet and garage space as I figure out what to get next. (No, it won't be another Z4.)

So if anyone is interested, just PM me. I have some pictures I can provide. Again everything is best reasonable offer.

REMAINING ITEMS

5. Center console storage bin. When I removed the BMW CD changer, I had ordered this plastic storage box to take it's place. This one has a small nick in one corner but is otherwise in perfect shape.
7. Spec Dock. Again, recently removed but in perfect working order.
8. Trunk insert. This is a little hard to explain, but if you are familiar with the trunk of the roadsters (maybe the coupes, too -- I don't know them), there is an area closest to the rear of the car that is about 2 to 3 inches lower than the rest of the trunk. This insert has a storage area and cover that fills the space and makes the entire trunk one level. I have pictures if that doesn't make any sense. Cover is missing so this is free for the cost of shipping if anyone is interested
9. Memory retainer. This is a small device powered off of a battery that plugs into the cigarette lighter which will retain radio codes, etc. if you disconnect the car's battery. Never used.
10. Engine air filter, never used. I had a K&N installed and the stealership gave me the extra filter at her last maintenance appointment.
14. Standard factory ashtray insert (removed when the above was installed).

NEW ITEMS

16. BMW factory jack.
17. BMW M Mobility kit (air compressor + goo which runs off of the cigarette lighter). I swapped out the runflats for conventional tires and didn't like the idea of being totally stranded (even with roadside assistance from my insurance. Both of these items are obviously heavy so a local buyer would be best.
18. Another weird item. You know the "ugly" spaces around the convertible top when it's down? Well, I had purchased two plastic cover plates that hide them. I only used them once or twice and honestly thought it was more of a hassle than anything else -- I'm just being honest here -- but I suppose if you leave the top down for extended periods it might make sense. They come with a cover bag which I had stored in the trunk when not in use. I'll snap a picture of them in the morning and post it so people have an idea of what I'm talking about.
19. 2004 Owner's Manual with all booklets and cover/case.

Thanks for looking and to all those who still have their babies, enjoy them because you never know what can happen. :-(

Thanks to everyone for looking, I'll be posting the remaining items on eBay shortly.

- Daniel
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	conv top cover 1.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	351574   Click image for larger version

Name:	trunk insert.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	351575  

Last edited by courtier; 12-15-2012 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Updating List of Items Available
Ads by Google