View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 10:35 AM
Here comes trouble!

Mein Auto: 2009 328i E90 :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by julietve View Post
they are claiming that my new vehicle warranty is expired but I have extended warranty which only covers maintenance not repair. So, they are saying that they need authorization from BMW regional rep to repair it. I guess the dealer does not want to pay for the parts or the repair instead, they want BMW North America to pay for it. but the ticking noise started while I was under new vehicle warranty.
Unless you have documentation that it started under warranty (such as a invoice that the car was at the dealer for this issue, the issue was just not fixed) there is nothing they can do short of a goodwill repair. In this case, they are just trying to be nice.

If they honored warranty based on claims that an issue started before you crossed 50k miles or 4 years, they'd incur quite a bit of cost they'd have to push on to you in the sale price of the vehicle, as everyone near warranty mileage would put that claim on the table.

By the way, you actually do not have an extended warranty then it sounds, just an extended maintenance plan. They are two different things and as you found out, covered two different set of service. Once is for maintenance required as the CBS computer indicates; the other covers certain repairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furby076 View Post
You will rue this day, RUE THIS DAY