View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 05:20 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
It's about time BMW put a diesel in the F10. They purposefully made the F10 more attractive to Merc E Class buyers and then promptly shut out a not insignificant segment of that market by not making a diesel available. This decision was made even more ludicrous by the fact they had a marvelous diesel available at that exact time that they had just introduced into the 3er. Truly mind boggling.

Not diesel related, but equally as mind boggling is that they also handed their 5er wagon market to Merc on a silver platter with even a bow on top. I love the 5 GT, but here we are more than three years down the road and while BMW has publicly acknowledged that the 5 GT has not been successful at replacing the 5er wagon they have not taken the hour that would be necessary to add the F11 to the U.S. lineup.

I love BMW, but their decisions are incomprehensible sometimes.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **

Last edited by tturedraider; 11-27-2012 at 05:48 PM.