View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 05:43 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F10 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezypoof View Post
I don't think you listened, or want to hear, my argument. You're drawing the circle around operating costs. If you draw the circle around total cost of ownership, which is the point I'm making, diesel does not payoff for ~3-4yrs. We see the same failed logic here in lease threads when people brag about low monthly payments while choosing to ignore the chunk of cash they had to pay up front.

Even in the fantasy land where diesel is the same price as mid-grade 91 gasoline the argument holds because you paid $2.5k to $3k more for the car. It takes a lot of gallons of fuel to recover that money.

The reason I like our TDI Touareg is simple, I can drive 700 miles on a tank. But I've accepted the fact that I'm not saving much (or any) money doing it.
I now know those cheezypoofs have gone to your head.

the chunk of cash they had to pay up front.. Don't make me laugh. That big chunk of change is the title, the registration, and any fees associated with any purchase or lease of the vehicle.

The rest is your first payment. Where is the big chunk of change that unfairly portrays leases?

Back to Diesel... with ECO credits diesels are not that much more expensive than their gas powered cousins. Sometimes or even less expensive.