View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 07:51 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Brown View Post
Well I don't know how the code is sent. My guess is BMW is tired of people illegally generating FSC codes and selling them. Plus they are not selling CD's of the maps for $8 like they did last year as far as I can tell. My belief is they are trying to close that revenue loophole and get $245 from folks because people don't want to pay the outrageous prices they were charging-$400+ . If they are going to close the loophole they might imbed the code inside the map some way.

Not sure how they will do this for when I updated last year from a CD I bought from BMW for $14 I entered a code right at the beginning of the installation. We will see.
They are apparently not selling the DVD Media only version anymore, but instead you can get the USB Media Version only. So it is now $42 instead of $11. You can buy an FSC Code for $50, and be upgraded for around $100 net.

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips