View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 09:25 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Motorcycle
I have an '06. I put in ZF lifetime, which is what comes with the kit they sell at CTSC. One of my mechanic buddies commented upon feeling it between his fingers that the viscosity felt different than typical tranny fluid.

In my case it took exactly five quarts, though a little leaked out when putting the refill screw back in. It is damn near exactly what we got out of it. Pretty genius to mark the bucket on the outside with the volume removed, to have a fill line for the new fluid once the bucket is cleaned out. In my case, I drove over to them first thing in the morning. Long enough that the oil temp indicator on the tach went away, but not much longer than that. I did not need to drive car and add more fluid. After our first fill we capped it and that is all. Seems to be happy and driving very nicely. The refill took an hour and fifteen. . . some of that was us jacking with the mechatronic sleeve. Doing it again, would be faster for sure. Thats the way that goes. . . . . I could probably do an entire plug job in thirty to forty minutes now.

(Secret for the rear plugs is using small socket extensions and adding them on as you move the socket closer to the plug. I couldn't get any torque with the flexi-shaft socket extension. Also, using a socket extender as a bar to pull the coil packs instead of your finger. Huge time and finger saver!)