View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 08:03 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 525i station wagon
My advive is free--dispute if you like, just giving you the best info I know--too add--I have been around these cars a lot longer than most and I do all my own work on my car and also on freinds who have these same cars--also free of charge--
On the 540 Vanos--I know Raggie as a freind who also came out with the Vanos system for the i6 cars --I was one of the first to do the job and also after putting 15k miles on the car in less than 6 months agreed to dismanttle the Vanos in the car so that we both could inspect seals after those miles were added. The seals were like brand new and still with over 100k miles on them now the engine is just like after they were broken in from the time they were installed. With the 540 engine Raggie has just brought these new seals out--I'm sure what ever he has developed will be of the same quality of what he has produced in the past. The 540's a plauged by a number of different problems that the i6 are not. I'm not up to date on the 540's since I don't own or work on one--so all I can inform you on is that the quality of what I am familar-Besian's quality is the as good as it gets--in my case it's much better than OEM--Hope that helps
To add to the origanal post--you stated that seals may have been installed and it cost a pretty penny--bet they were installed at a BMW dealership--if so they were replaced with the same bad seals that came from the factory--the only seals that hold up are the new updated seals that come from Besian Systems

Last edited by poolman; 11-28-2012 at 08:14 AM.