View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 10:13 AM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by otonimus View Post
F30 Sport Line: Test drove it, fell in love, bought it. Never owned a 3 before. Drove a few over the years, but never enough to really know them.

Therefore I'm not burdened with:

"The steering isn't responsive enough. Corners like a 73 Lincoln Town Car."

"Car is HUGE now!!! Why did they make it so big?! Handles like a wounded cow."

"Now it's a big fat luxury car for fat naive Americans. It's completely ruined."

"I can't believe they put a 4-cylinder turbo in it!!!!... ARRRRRRGH!!!!"... chick-clack... BLAM!!!... thud

"BMW WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!"

I love this fricking car. Wouldn't change a thing. Ignorance is bliss I guess.

So, what were your initial thoughts about it having a four cylinder? About spending $45k on a car with a four banger? Were you surprised? Did it give you any pause? Did you even ask or know or were informed by the sales person? Did you have an expectation of a six cylinder? Were you the least bit aware of BMW's reputation for using inline six motors? Or did you assume BMW's have V6s like everyone else? Were you aware that BMWs are RWD and that they don't make any FWD cars?

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **

Last edited by tturedraider; 11-28-2012 at 10:15 AM.