View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 10:22 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 328i Sport Line
Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
So, what were your initial thoughts about it having a four cylinder? About spending $45k on a car with a four banger? Were you surprised? Did it give you any pause? Did you even ask or know or were informed by the sales person? Did you have an expectation of a six cylinder? Were you the least bit aware of BMW's reputation for using inline six motors? Or did you assume BMW's have V6s like everyone else? Were you aware that BMWs are RWD and that they don't make any FWD cars?
Yes of course I know how amazing the inline 6 is. I've wanted one for many years, and I've driven a few of them, including my brother in laws 2002 325 which I've driven quite a bit. I also had a 99 A4 2.8 quattro, and a Mazda 6s. So I know the joys of a 6 cylinder. And yes I fully understand the implications of FWD/AWD/RWD, and which cars are which.

And yes I completely understand how the new 3 going to a four cylinder is a tectonic shift in the car world. I get it. Up until the F30, I really didn't like the feel of turbos... and it certainly raised an eyebrow until I test drove it. I was very pleasantly surprised.

This is all just for a laugh. Did my absurdly overblown quotes in the original post not give it away?

Last edited by otonimus; 11-28-2012 at 10:28 AM.