View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 09:34 AM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by otonimus View Post
Yes of course I know how amazing the inline 6 is. I've wanted one for many years, and I've driven a few of them, including my brother in laws 2002 325 which I've driven quite a bit. I also had a 99 A4 2.8 quattro, and a Mazda 6s. So I know the joys of a 6 cylinder. And yes I fully understand the implications of FWD/AWD/RWD, and which cars are which.

And yes I completely understand how the new 3 going to a four cylinder is a tectonic shift in the car world. I get it. Up until the F30, I really didn't like the feel of turbos... and it certainly raised an eyebrow until I test drove it. I was very pleasantly surprised.

This is all just for a laugh. Did my absurdly overblown quotes in the original post not give it away?

I asked those questions, because I wanted to hear your thoughts. It turns out the reality is most new 3er buyers have no idea what an inline six motor is. They assume BMW uses V6s like all the others. A recent survey done by BMW of new 1er owners revealed that 80% of them assumed their car was fwd.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **