View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 11:17 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEG23 View Post
Shawn,

I have not tried this yet (maybe somebody can beat me to it before I get home), but if you only input a destination in Google (not a point A and a point B), save it to "Maps" and then generate the KML file, it will also be processed by the program and generate a one point place that could probably can be imported via "Import Trips" without any additional changes to the car coding.

It is of course easier to do this via the Google “send to car” function, but it might be convenient of you want to upload multiple destinations in one shot.

If that does not work I will try the "Asia Only" code that you suggest.

JEG23
Yes, but with a single destination point, and NAVI_TRIP_IMPORT, you are still using Google Maps for Routing.

The Google Send-To-Car, and NAVI_DEST_IMPORT would instead use the built in BMW Navigation for Routing. Since Google Send-To-Car requires a BMW Assist account, many users can not use it, so I was thinking instead they could maybe use NAVI_DEST_IMPORT in its place, that is if it is possible for it to work on non-Asian vehicles despite what it says.

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips