View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 07:33 PM
Everything's Bigger in TX

Mein Auto: 2007 MDX
Thoughts from a 528 loaner

So I have had a 2013 528i loaner since Tuesday, although I have only driven it one day (long story). In that time, I've put about 60 to 70 miles on it. Thoughts are as follows:
  • Throttle is VERY smooth. I have not experienced one bit of lag, delay, lurch, whatever. I'm very jealous. I wish my 2011 535 drove like this.
  • Throttle / transmission response is decidedly better than my car. You give it some gas, it downshifts and goes. None of that "think about it" that hampers my car.
  • Eco pro is fun to play with, but definitely a hinderance when you need to move through traffic.
  • Stop start is much improved over the F30 loaners I've driven, but still noticeable compared to, say, an M35 hybrid. Still needs work, ut it doesn't annoy me too much. Driving my MDX today I kept waiting for the engine to cut out and I was sad that I was wasting gas.
  • The 240 HP N20 is definitely more than enough engine for the base car. The sound is much, much better than in the F30. It's pretty peppy, not fast, but certainly not slow. And in decidedly stop and go driving, I am averaging about 26 MPG. Again, more than enough for the base model 5er, does not let down the side for BMW.
  • Definitely do not care for the standard seats.
  • Can really feel the reduced weight over the nose and the lighter 17" wheels. The car feels very nimble.

Overall, I have to say I'm ver impressed with the baby funfer. Good job to BMW making the 4 pot really work in this car.

Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the cars are German, the lovers are Italian and it is all organised by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German, the cooks are English, the cars are French, the lovers are Swiss, and it is all organised by the Italians
Advertisement