View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 09:11 PM
BMW Platinum VisaŽ Member

Mein Auto: BMW M428i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeichen311 View Post
Fixed. Bridgestone Blizzak LM-25, Dunlop Winter Sport 3D and Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 are all pricier than the same-size Hakkepeliita--plus they're run-flats, as they should be for maximum winter safety of the trophy wife and kids. Then again, the F30 is still too new to be offered these options so it's understandable that you had to settle for what's available.

Hakkepeliitas are great tires but several others have caught up (to the studless version at least--studded Nokians are a whole 'nother kettle of horses). Not the aforementioned Blizzaks, though: The LM-25 is one of the worst, loudest, short-lived, greasy lumps ever to disgrace the name of "tyre." (Not that I have an opinion.)

Might be where you live but for me the Nokian's aren't easy to find, special order for the most part, and only from one authorized dealer.

I don't need run-flats as I'll just hit the magic BMW Assist button and they'll have a solution to get me going in a few minutes.

BJ

2015 BMW 428i Gran Coupe | M-Sport Line | Premium | Technology | Dynamic Handling Package | HK | Driver Assistance
Mineral Grey Metallic | Coral Red Leather | Ash Grain | Park Assist | Adaptive M | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House