View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 09:36 PM
Everything's Bigger in TX

Mein Auto: 2007 MDX
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi799 View Post
Why am I not convinced whatsoever? Maybe because of two pointless solutions: ASS + 4 cyl engine... in a car that for its price tag should make absolutely no difference on anyone's wallet based on $100/year savings in gas (if that). Not to mention that a lot of BMW owners could simply save gas by driving less aggressively, which is not something we want to worry about when, once again, purchasing a 240HP+ SPORT sedan for a price twice of another sedan.

I'll pass....
Sometimes it is more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow. I'd rather drive this than an E350.

Comparably equipped, the 528 is about $8k less than the 535. Plus, I'm not sure where you get $100 a year in gas savings from. I've put on 15k per year in my 535 and averaged 19. Down here I'm averaging 22 MPG. In the 528, I've no doubt I'd average 27 - 28 MPG. Doing the math, call it 5 MPG difference, in today's prices that's $500 / year.

If it's not for you, so be it. That's why there's a 535 and a 550. However, my point was that it feels like a BMW. It goes, it stops and starts, it turns and feels like a BMW. You are not driving a poor excuse for a 5 series, you're driving something that still has the soul of BMW baked into it. You can definitely feel the reduced mass, turn in is very crisp. It has none of the boaty feelings I remember from the base 535's I drove back in 2011.

Now, onto driving a 535 MSport for comparison....

Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the cars are German, the lovers are Italian and it is all organised by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German, the cooks are English, the cars are French, the lovers are Swiss, and it is all organised by the Italians

Last edited by Needsdecaf; 11-28-2012 at 09:43 PM.