View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 06:50 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 328i Sport Line
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris90 View Post
If you want to get along with BMW enthusiasts, stop telling them their 2 year old cars are junk.
+1

They're all awesome cars.

I still miss the V6's I used to own, and appreciate the I6's I've driven. There is something about the linear delivery of a 6 cylinder that I don't know if a turbo 4 will ever be able to emulate.

Are the 4-bangers faster? Dollar for dollar, yes. And it is my understanding that they get better gas mileage unless you really pound them hard (I could be wrong on that point, but I don't think so)...

But still... there is something about a good 6... my Mazda 6s 3.0 had a heck on an engine, particularly after the intake/software kit I added (real deal, not some generic K&N kit)... that thing just PULLED... faster than the N20? Certainly not... but... yeah... just something very nice about a 6 cylinder.

So do I regret getting the F30? I did consider getting a 2011 328i... not a chance

So much respect to ALL 3's... I dig every last one of them, going all the way back to a friend's '86 M3. Wow that car was fun.

Last edited by otonimus; 11-29-2012 at 06:53 AM.