View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 07:55 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 X3
The rough ride over bad pavement is there -- some may not notice it or it may not bother them but the biggest mistake I made in '06 when I bought mine new was to not take it for a long test drive (with my wife) over nasty pavement - raised expansion jointed roads -- and potholed streets (we have lots of all that here). On smooth roads the thing is smooth as glass and performs as advertised. However, come the nasty bits and it will shake your fillings out and jump your wife's latte out of the pax side cup holder onto the lap of her cream colored chanel suit! I replaced the 18" OEM scorpions with Michelin Pilot Sport Plus tires and that did help a bit, but it is still a shaker and bouncer. If you are seriously thinking of getting one -- then be SURE to take a long test drive with your wife over some nasty road bits to see if it is a car you can live with. They are all very expensive to repair, unless you are a DIYer, but they don't break often -- however when they do, stand by! I would look at a Q5, EX35, XC60, and RX if I were buying now.