View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 10:39 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Acura CL-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by need-for-speed View Post
well I re-bleed the system let car run at 2k rpms, ran fine for about 5 minutes just sitting at normal temp, no movement of the thermo gauge then just out of the blue the temp starts to rise and over heating occures, I think it has something to do with the new thermo stat I installed, why would it run fine at times then all of a sudden the temp starts to jump, makes no sense other than the thermo stat assembly failing. and to reply about the brand water pump, yes it is a bosch water pump, stant thermo. ran car the other day on the freeway for about 8 to 10 miles worked fine then out of the blue over heating occured. can't really think it's a bleeding issue still. getting ready to take to a mech. to deal with unless I decide to replace the stat with the old one to see if the problem goes away but what a pain.
you might be bleeding it but that doesn't mean you got all the air out. try squeezing that upper radiator hose when the car is cold with the defroster on/heat high/fan low. i guarantee you will get air out