View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 05:49 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 x1 xDrive28i
All, great news on the X1 release from the Port in NJ. The issue was resolved yesterday (Wed afternoon). My car, along with the other x1's delivered on the Don Juan 11/15 arrived at the dealer this morning. Our dealer is approx 60 miles from the Port and is about a two hour drive (it's all traffic not distance around NJ). We just got home from picking my new car up! It was some nav computer update. Unfortunately, I have no additional information to provide details. Both the sales manager and my CA apologized for the delay and only mentioned the nav computer update hold. I tried very hard to cull information but the nav computer update is apparently what placed the cars on hold. However, I could tell they too were frustrated at the delay. I would love to know more details regarding the programming issue. Perhaps they used the new iphone5 map logic.

As a side note, despite picking it up in the dark and driving less than 10 miles home, the new car feltl was awesome-such a different drive than my 2006 325. The extra time spent up at the Port is all but forgotten and the commute to work will be done with an ear to ear grin!

Last edited by jcblab89; 11-29-2012 at 07:05 PM. Reason: typo