View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 09:40 PM
Woodswatchco

Mein Auto: 2013 328i 6sp manual
I've owned quite a few old Z cars with inline sixes. So smooth. They are a very special type of engine. However, I have become addicted to the anytime I want it power that comes from a turbo. I currently have a 2003 Audi A4 until my 328i arrives in a month. It has a measly 170hp. Yet, it's the only car I've ever owned that doesn't require downshifs when going up steep mountain roads at highway speeds. I love the car in every way. Even it's idiot proof, all wheel drive handling. What won me over to BMW was the extra 35hp over the current A4 and the addition of the M Sport line with estoril blue. The extra power and the rear wheel drive will be so much more fun than my old A4. The A4 doesn't offer any special colors or sport trim packages like the M Sport line. I can't wait to experience my new 328i.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
I asked those questions, because I wanted to hear your thoughts. It turns out the reality is most new 3er buyers have no idea what an inline six motor is. They assume BMW uses V6s like all the others. A recent survey done by BMW of new 1er owners revealed that 80% of them assumed their car was fwd.