View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 04:12 AM

Mein Auto: E60, E63
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itinj6 View Post
I debadged my 650i as well so I'm sure you know what my feedback will be . I do get a lot of people asking me what model it is though lol. My answer is always followed by a compliment in reply

I wanted to do the LED interior but I heard that it shows every imperfection/scuff/scratch/etc. Is that true?

Also, I would love to add LED reverse lights but I heard that it will throw codes.
The LED interior does not show imperfection/scuff/scratches.. on the contrary, it makes them less obvious IMO. In terms of reverse lights, just make sure you get the canbus (error-free) LEDs then you would be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MELLOWYELLOW06 View Post
Very nice. I may do it as well.

Looks super clean.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRL650 View Post
Looks nice.I really miss my Space Grey it is a real nice clean color.
Thanks for the compliments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilner View Post
Looks great- I did the same thing, it makes the rear clean and symmetrical...
I agree.. the new F12 has a very narrow trunk area which makes the badge a lot more prominent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
I wanted to order mine debadged, I was surprised it wasn't possible. Is there more to this than just pulling off the numbers and removing the adhesive? I guess I could just ask the dealer to do it when the car arrives.
I just used a heater to heat up the badges first, poured a little 3M adhesive remover over the logos, then used dental floss to slowly remove them. Not too hard; just takes some time and patience.
11' F10 550i JetBlk
11' E82 135i MontegoB
10' E70 X5 SpaceG (retired)
09' F01 BlkS (retired)
07' E92 MontegoB (retired)
06' E85 MontegoB (retired)
05' E63 MinAg (retired)
04' E60 SilverG (retired)
04' E46 ImolaR (retired)
98' E39 JetBlk (retired)