Thread: 328i test drive
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 05:58 AM
BMW Platinum VisaŽ Member

Mein Auto: BMW M428i
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK View Post
Future iterations? I see other posts here about the "new" nav system coming in 2014. You really think you're going to get all the new features retrofitted to your car via software update? Speaking of which, enjoy all those annoying trips to the service department for firmware updates trying to explain to your overworked service advisor exactly what you want "because you heard it on the Internet" and getting upset at how every time Apple updates iOS it breaks something on BMW's iDrive system (and then waiting for BMW to fix it...maybe).
Yes I do.

99% of Siri works right now in my F30 as is. The only thing missing is the ability to press a button on the steering wheel. If I push and hold the home button on my iPhone, all of Siri's functions work hands-free and eyes-free.

As for other features, that's what the enhanced Bluetooth and USB option is for. Because of the BMW Connected app, even if there are features that are unavailable the older nav system they can be made available via docking the iPhone to the USB port. Many of the new BMW features are designed to generate increased revenue for BMW. There is no real point creating an app store business model if it won't allow the 10 million cars out there with existing iDrive systems to take advantage of them immediately.

BJ

2015 BMW 428i Gran Coupe | M-Sport Line | Premium | Technology | DHP | HK | Driver Assistance
Mineral Grey Metallic | Coral Red Leather | Park Assist | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House