View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 05:30 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2001 540i/6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psalm11_6 View Post
Still watching this with rapt attention! I too am wondering what mods you might have planned for the new motor once the install is completed :-)
LS2 cam from a Corvette is already in the motor. Higher lift and duration than stock, but not by much.
Yellow LS2 valve springs as well to support that.
Milled 317 heads (which flow very well) to bring compression up to 10.4:1 or so.
Custom fabíd headers (not really for performance, more for fitment, but if I make gains over stock manifolds, whoís to complain?)
QTP cutout for lots of good noises. I MIGHT attempt a side exit exhaust later in the build if I have time and donít wanna kill myself getting it working yet. Priorities first.
M5 LSD (rebuilt)
Rebuilt T56 (donít have it yet)
Some sort of lightweight flywheel (possibly aluminum)
Possibly LS7 clutch/pressure plate (new)

Once itís all running right, I plan on spraying a 50 shot just to get used to it, and then working my way up to 100-150. This car wonít see the track, just a fun daily driver for the summer and something to take on long distance trips while still retaining all creature comforts (AC, heated seats, power everything, DSP, etc etc, basically everything that made me fall in love with this car in the first place).

2001 BMW 540i/6 Sport, under the knife