View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 08:47 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '11 E93 335is & '08 535xi
Sorry to hijack this thread, but I drove up from SE FL to PA yesterday on I-95 N. I made a decent time driving straight through and going 1,126 miles in 16 hours and 45 minutes in my Tahoe. The trip is usually very boring with mostly trucks, and the elderly driving mobile homes, Toyotas, Cadillacs and small SUVs. This trip however, I saw some things on the road that were more interesting.

There must be a car show somewhere this weekend as I passed numerous exotic car carrier trucks like Reliable and etc., and many show cars in tow like hot rods, and I saw a 427 Cobra in blue with white racing stripes being towed by a matching pick up truck.

I stopped at a rest stop in S. Carolina, and while taking my dog for a walk, I saw an Acura NSX parked next to a Ferrari Testarossa. Both owners were sleeping in their front seats so I didn't have the opportunity to closely check out their cars. I have not seen an NSX on the road in years.

I saw four Audi car carriers loaded with sedans heading north from Florida. I wonder what port they enter down there to deliver as far north as S. Caolina? I love how each car has a white car cover on them with Audi logos.

I saw two BMW car carriers loaded with SUVs in S. Caolina. They only had the white shrink wrap on the top of the new vehicles. I would not want the front SUV that had 1/3rd of it's rear end hanging off over the truck cab and begging for road debris.

From Georgia through N Carolina, I saw 2 newer 7 Series BMWs with Canadian tags, A Porsche Panamera, 4 Porsche Carreras including 2 cabriolets, 2 Corvettes, 3 F30 sedans (two driven by older women and one by a college aged female), 5-6 E90 BMWs, and an E46 M3 convertible in Georgia driven by an attractive women appearing to be in her mid 40's and driving like she owned the road (I immediately fell in love!)

Then I'm in S. Carolina with my cruise set at 77 MPH in a 70 MPH speed zone and passing a truck. I look in my rear view mirror and I see a car snaking between cars and going in excess of 100 MPH. I'm about 2/3rds passed the truck and he's on my rear and flashing his high beams. I finish passing and go into the right lane and he speeds by. It was a black Cadillac CTS coupe (I don't think it was a CTS-V) driven by a guy looking to be about 30. Later, I'm entering Virginia and see flashing police lights up the road. I pass and see they had nailed the Cadillac and had the driver facing his car with his hands on the hood. I laughed my ass off.

Current Stablemates:
'14 MB GL450; '12 Porsche 911 GTS Cabriolet (MT); '11 BMW E93 335is (DCT); '11 BMW E90 M3 (MT); '11 Audi S4 (DSG); '08 BMW E60 535xi; '08 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
Favorite Cars Gone But Not Forgotten:
'09 Corvette ZO6; '04 MB S600; '01 BMW 740iL; '01 Corvette; '90 Nissan 300ZX 2+2; '89 Jeep Grand Wagoneer; '79 BMW 320i; '79 MB 300D; '71 Pontiac Firebird Formula 400; '67 MG Midget

Last edited by beden1; 11-30-2012 at 09:05 AM.