View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 10:35 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2003 530iA
Quote:
Originally Posted by YinD View Post
I sent an email to the guys in Houston. They did not have any easy things to check for.

Right now, car is with a local indie and he pulled all codes from the car. He said there is a generic speed sensor fault and a bad sensor in the coolant thermostat. He also said that there were faults recorded on every module in the car so he has some research to do. I will get a full list later. He is going to do a general check of the car (like check transmission fluid) also.

I realize I do not have the proper tools or the confidence to mess with the transmission.

I will update when I get more definitive answers and the list of codes.
Try this:

Pull out the speed sensors and clean them. All. When loaded with crud, they start giving wrong info.
I am not sure about the v8 T-stat, but I know the M54 has the electronically controlled T-stat that throws a code if it's failing. It does not throw a CEL per se, but it's a stored code that shows if you hook up the right scanner (GT1, INPA,etc).
The wheel sensors out of whack can mess with the tranny & ABS. The tranny has also a speed sensor, and maybe waht it reads does not jive with the wheel speed sensors.
After you do that, reset the codes and unplug the battery for 20 minutes, then see how it goes. If the same speed sensor related codes re-appear, you might have at least one bad speed sensor.

the other codes, might have been stored by different malfunctioning events. They remain stored and can be read by GT1, INPA forever - even after the stuff is fixed, unless someone specifically erases them with the same scanners.
Hope this helps.
TMS underdrive pullies - Stewart WP - PSS9 - Beisan Vanos seals - Zimmerman cross-drilled & Akebono Euro - Deka 649 MF - 55w HID headlights - 35w HID foglights - Hualigan double din - ACS (rep) alu pedals - Euro central storage console - Breyton Magic Racing staggered wheels - M5 bumper - M5 steering wheel - Tint
Stable: e39, e53, e46 & Tribby