View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 12:26 PM

Mein Auto: Mercedes, BMW
Adam & Fudman -

Thanks for the posts. I was to have a mechanic look at the 02' 525i Sport today but its been bumped till tomorrow.

Adam - the 530i at $10,995 - was super clean. Took to mechanic - recommended a few items: - Oxygen sensor replacement, fuel filter, also mentioned it would be due for a 100K maintenance of plugs and a few items. What killed it for mw was the dealer dais it had all new blames. What they did was put new pads on the old rotors w/o turning them not a good thing. Mechanic said the front rotors likely needed to be replaced & the rear just needed to be turned.
Dealer thru a fit and tried to deny this and said the mechanic was just trying to drum up business. He said he's change the fuel filter & power steering line which was leaking a bit. It was clear however the rotors needed to be turned - I could see and feel the lip.
I walked - my sense was at that price & his attitude i was better off. He lied couldn't trust him after that.
The good news I found the private sale 525i a few days later and will, as mentioned, have it looked at tomorrow.

Adam - FYI STELLAR Automotive in Studio city has a Manual: 02' 525i Sport - listed at $9,900. Can find it on their website.

Fudman - we are in day two of rain here in LA - this is about as bad as it gets - LOL its such easy living out here.

Tomorrow I may be driving back w/ my first BMW - kinda exciting....

Cheers- Colin