View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 11:45 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 323i, Ducati M1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by OfTheLost View Post
I work with a guy who used to have a friend that worked at the Stealership.

He said that they actually used to have meetings with the service guys there about how to stereotype people when they came in (ie: if you are young or your car is older than 5 years then they arent going to waste their time on you bc you have no REAL money, older people tend to spend more money and know nothing about their cars, even that minorities might use funds from drugs or other illegal activities to purchase a vehicle and to call the police station to verify there are no warrants for that person!)

I was waiting once to get my DRL's turned off after I installed my angel eyes, when this older married couple came in and you could obviously tell they had money. The woman told the guy that the check engine light came on and they were going out of town soon so she wanted to get it checked out. He proceeded to tell her that it could be a number of things, but the things he listed off were all expensive repairs. I should have told her I could have scanned it out in the lot for free with the OBDII scanner in my glove box. I cant stand going to the dealer and avoid it at all costs.
Oh, yea, that reminds me. My SES light comes on from time to time after I've driven for a short period of time, parked the car for a short period of time, and then start it up again (ie: errands). In the past, I've gone to Auto Zone and borrowed their OBD II reader only to get no code. It comes on and goes back off from time to time. The SES light was on when I took it in, so I asked about diagnosing it. I was told they charge around $150 just to plug in their reader. Again... WOW! There was NO WAY I was going to pay that when the possibility of no code coming back existed.

It looks like you're local to me and know which dealership to which I'm referring...