View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 01:59 PM
Z4 35i Rider

Mein Auto: 2009 Z4 35i
Removing the grills- very easy BUT patience is key. For the 35i- 1st Remove the air intake from inside the engine compartment. There are 4 small bolts to remove the complete air intake. This gives you tight arm access to reach down and have access to the inside of the grills. There are 8 clips for each grill- 3 across the top, 1 on each side and 3 across the bottom- see my picture with the grill removed and see where the clip slots are located. With a small flat head screw driver find the 1st clip located along the top working from the outside in towards the center 1st. Gently put pressure upwards on the clip with one hand and gently pull down and out on the grill from the outside. The 1st clip is the hardest. When the clip is free you should hear a small snap and the grill then should slightly pull out. Once the 1st clip pops, move to the center clip with the same procedure and then the last top clip. Next pop the side clips starting on either side, with the same procedure. They should snap free fairly easy. Now the challenge. Now that you have the top 3 and 2 side clips undone, the grill will pull out appx 1 inch and allow access to the bottom clips ONLY with a Long thin tool inserted under the grill from the outside. I used a very thin hook end shaped tool. The bottom clips are hidden behind a metal structure beam. Gently pull the grill out and up to allow you to side the tool under the grill bottom going in from the side and work your way along the bottom of the grill. With my picture and knowing where the 1st clip is located slide the hook end under the grill from the side. Once tHe clip is located, gently twist up to unsnap the plastic clip. Now keep moving along the grill bottom in the same direction to the last 2 clips. Again use my picture to know exactly the clips are located for reference. It took me appx 30 minutes to get one off then very quick on the 2nd as I know where the clips were located. Patience is key.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	351516  
2009 BMW Z4 35i/Space Gray Metallic/7 Speed DCT/Premium,Cold Weather & Premium Sound Packages/Nav/Comfort Access/Ash Grain Interior & Dash Kit/AntiTheft/SportWheel/PDC/WindDeflector/Black Kansas Leather/Smoked Reflectors, Side Markers & 3rd Brake Light/Ferrari Red Brake Calipers/Clear Front Mask/Gloss Black Grill Inserts/6000K LED Lighting/De-Badged/Aluminum Pedal Set/Real Carbon Fiber BMW Door Sills/CF Wrapped Engine Compartment Roundels,F Lower Grills & Center Wheel Caps.