View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 03:01 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Motorcycle
The drain plug is not a super torqueable piece. Its plastic on plastic, so if it needs mentioning, don't over-torque. As for all the procedures about checking the level. I can see nothing wrong with making measure of how much comes out and putting a just a bit more back in (to account for some being stuck in the filter in the pan. I'll add that after we drained the pan, the next step is to remove the pan, at which time one sees more free oil in the pan, that does not drain through the plug. If you really want to do a great job swapping oil, the pan should come down, and of course a new pan should be installed. To answer one question posted above: My new pan did not have the yellow sticker on it.

I am not sure how these things behave when "a little" low on oil, but CMC, your only getting four quarts out seems low to me. The oil left in the pan when we dropped it didn't look like it amounted to a quart. Have you been having issues with your transmission? Might it have been a little low?? Please report back as I am curious how your situation turns out. . .

Best,
josh

Last edited by jkess114; 11-30-2012 at 03:03 PM.