View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 07:35 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X5 35d; 750Li; IS F
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1HOT BMR View Post
I have the X5d and I have never driven a Cayenne Diesel but I drove the 2013 Cayenne GTS with the V8 a couple of days ago - my first Cayenne test drive ever. I like my 35d much better in ride, handling and power curve/delivery for every day driving. The interior of the Cayenne is far superior in elegance, quality of materials and just beautiful to look at - on everything else I like my X5d much better, especially the ride handling with AD and non run flats. My guess is that the engine power/delivery for the Porsche diesel must be similar but the handling and ride are most likely worse. BTW, the sticker on that GTS was 104K!
I have a really tough time with this statement. I spent a good deal of time borrowing my buddies Cayenne S and it was head and shoulders better than my X5 in ride, handling and power curve/delivery. It wasn't even close really. I know that the GTS outperforms the regular S easily so your comments seem way out there. The only area that the X5 is significantly better is that it's cheaper.

I'm happy you like what you bought, but your comments border on fanb**.

'11 750 Li Xdrive Alpine White
'10 X5 35d Space Grey