View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 10:35 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 97 E36M/4
There's definitely something wrong with mine. At first I thought it might be normal as the hessitation was rare. When it hessitates it feels like it misses a beat and has a jerky feel for a tenth of a second. It got so bad that everytime I put down the throttle at least half way while doing 3K RPM or more it would buck continuously with each buck being a very brief 10th of a second. If I let it buck more than 4-5 times, the computer would shut the car down into limp mode where the car is forced into 6th gear max while in D so the RPMs were about 3K or more on the freeway. There's a large half engine symbol lit and the Service Engine Light flashes. At that point the car felt like it was running on 3 cylinders, not wanting to go over 75 MPH and shaking noticeably especially at lower RPM. I could force it into 8th gear in Manual mode, but it would shake violently. At that point you're pretty much forced to pull over. It even had a very lump idle, like 3 cylinders. After restarting, it would run normal until I pushed it again. As soon as it would studder, I'd back off to avoid going into Limp mode. Clearly there's something wrong with my car.

Perhaps others may have a minor case and think it's normal, but it's not. It may be a matter of time before it gets worse. The two N20 F30's I've driven don't exhibit this at all and that should say it all since they all have the same engine and transmission.