View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 04:55 AM

Mein Auto: 330CiC
Great News Guys!

Your responses are precisely what I was looking for. A straw poll to be clear....and attribute at that....but still great to hear that BMW has not gone to hades with the cabriolet.

I have friends and colleagues that work at the Spartanburg, SC plant and I've guest lectured to one of their LSS Black Belt classes (I'm a Master BB). I know a few of their MBBs as well. So, its good to know that this issue is not as chronic as some might suggest.

I think that the acid test will be to take it through a car wash....although the only time that I do that is after we've had a snow event and there has been salt on our roads. I do live in the mountains and we do get some winter impact...nothing like the northeast or midwest...but it does happen. So if I drive after a snow event, I like to get the undercarriage clean and that requires the auto car wash.

You input is as I thought it would be....some probs....but the lion's share happy.

I also suspect that keeping the gaskets well moisturized is a key.

I'm a little concerned about the relays....but relays do go bad.

And BTW...your photos of your Cabs are gorgeous. You're helping me to get off the dime (or tens of thousands as it were) on my purchase decision.