View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 10:38 AM

Mein Auto: 1995 bmw 318is
Joyism5

joyism5, I used the tool to align the camshaft wheel sensors, and the chain tensioner tool with slight tension on the guide. Here is a breif rundown of what I did: put the flywheel pin in for TDC, (after removing the vanos cover and valve cover) mount the chain tenioner tool, then camshaft lock down tools, loosen the main vanos bolts and use tool to set for continuity test. Use the camshaft alignment tools to align the camshaft sensors. On my second go, I took the vanos units off and replaced the seals, the chains, tensioners, guide rails and cps sensors. I do have a couple of questions, should the chain tensioner tool be tightend to a certain amount of torque? and I read that the main vanos bolt should be torqued to about 110nm. I only found this info a few days ago, I believe i torqued them to about 60nm for fear of snapping them, unless I am missing something that the only thing I am aware of, I know I am missing something, what do you think? There are no other codes only the 2. Thanks

Last edited by awright1412; 12-01-2012 at 10:48 AM. Reason: forgot some info