View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 02:06 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '13 X5 50i
Ordered 2013 X5 50i

Can't wait to receive my new 2013 X5. I had previously posted on other topics that I may wait for the 2014 F15. With my lease ending and February and only being able to extend 6 months, the timing would be too close for comfort. What I ended up with:

Platinum Gray
Nevada Black Sport Seats
Brushed Aluminum Trim
Sport Activity Package
20" Y Spoke 336 wheels w/RFTs
Premium Package 2
Cold Weather Package
Third Row Seats
BMW Apps, Satellite Radio
BMW Tablet DVD System

Was able to place the order on the last day of availability for an order in the 112 status. Should receive late December. Couple of thoughts up for comment from the community:

I wonder what the ride stiffness, comfort will be with the 20" wheels and the Sport Activity.

How functional is the DVD Tablet System? I have the factory center mounted system on my 2010 48i and hated it. Was always in the way of the center console and could not be seen from the third row. The behind the headrest $1,450 option looks too clunky. Thoughts on either of these would be appreciated. Why BMW cannot have an solution the is integrated in the headrest is unbelievable. I understand the "active headrests" but the GL450 had them.

Color combination. Is the interior too dark with the black seats and anthracite headliner? I almost went with the contrast of an Oyster interior but with two you kids I decided to lighten it up with the aluminum trim. I currently have Sapphire Black with the Cinnamon interior and loved it but not for another 3 years.

Thanks for any feedback and will try to post picks when received. I can't wait for the increased twin turbo power and sharper handling with the Sport Activity and 20" wheels.
Advertisement