View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 05:54 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 05 CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by samadkins29 View Post
Looks good! Maybe the pictures are deceiving but those look more like 8k on the bottom?? Whats with the blue hue? Could just be the camera lens. Either way, DDM is an excellent company and you should have no issues with any of their products! One question for you (although I should know this considering I wrote the damn HID guide) Are the DDM D1S a straight swap? (I haven't had to replace mine yet)
The D1S was a straight swap. There was clip that wrapped around the bulb itself and twists into the headlight housing. Very simple, but took me a second. Wasn't used to that style bulb install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Db750 View Post
Very nice! Are the e46 and e92 your's as well?
The 330xi is my mothers, and the 335i is my brothers. Father also has a 525xi. Kind of a BMW family lol.

Also to clear it up. I ordered the 6k bulbs for the headlights, and the fog lights. Whether they are different than marked I can't say for sure. They both have a white/blue tint to them but I would say they are a bit more on the whiter side. Overall extremely happy with how they look, and I've had tons of compliments thus far .

I had DDM in cars for the past 5 years (2 cars) and only ever have a fog light go bad, but I found the lens was cracked and leaking a little water inside so that was the lens fault, and not the bulb failure.