View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 08:26 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X6M
A few random observations after a day and a half of GC ownership:

1) While the HP upgrade over the '12 Coupe is certainly noticeable (and appreciated!), what I'm struck by most is the way the new engine seems/sounds smoother. Very nice.

2) The Individual leather is gorgeous. I like the Canyon Brown color a lot, of course, but I also like the way the leather is extended to the glove box lid, the lower door panels, etc. The seats also seem a bit more cushioned than my seats in the Coupe. I'm not sure if this is just the different leather (Merino vs. Nappa) or some sort of placebo effect, but both my wife and I mentioned it right away.

3) While the car handles much like the 6er Coupe, there is a definite difference in seating position. I'd read somewhere that the seats in the GC are positioned 1-2" inches higher than those in the Coupe, which perhaps explains some of it. I also think I intentionally adjust my seat more like one would in a sedan, as opposed to the stretched out way I tended to keep my seat in the Coupe. I'll have to see if that changes over time, as I tend to be one to constantly fiddle with the seat adjustments in the first few months of a new car ownership.

4) Love the mood lighting on the interior of the B-pillar.

5) I ordered my car just a bit too soon for the soft close doors, but even more than those, I miss having an auto-close trunk. This one seems like it takes two attempts to get it to latch, whereas I didn't have that problem with the Coupe. Annoying.

6) The LED headlights not only look better aesthetically (they weren't available with my configuration on the Coupe), but they also illuminate better, particularly the cornering lamps.

I told you.... totally random.

2014 BMW X6 ///M | SpaceGray/BlackPerforatedFullMerino/CarbonLeather
2014 BMW 328xi Touring M-Sport | GlacierSilver/BlackDakota/DarkBurlWalnut [ON ORDER!]
2014 BMW X6 35i M-Perf | TitaniumSilver/BlackNappa/DarkBamboo [wife's ride]

BMW HISTORY | '13 650xiGC, '12 650xi, '11 535xi, '11 X6 50i, '09 750i, '09 328xiT, '08 650i, '07 750i, '07 X5 4.8i, '06 650i, '05 745i, '05 325xiT, '03 745i, '02 745i, '01 325Cic, '01 X5 4.4i, and on...