View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 09:47 PM
Omnia in modum

Mein Auto: Certified Garage Princess
Quote:
Originally Posted by beden1 View Post
No, but even my wife has never complained about excessive wind disturbance with the top down. I've had a number of convertibles and I think BMW has done a great job of designing the exterior and interior cabin to minimize wind disturbance. Maybe because some of my other cars were so bad the BMW just seems so good?

I also really enjoy driving with feeling the wind blowing through my hair and waking up my senses.
I like driving with the wind blowing through my hair as well. I just don't like it blowing into my face while I'm driving. The only time I have the windows up and top down is when I am highway driving. The wind deflector is marvelous for keeping the eddy currents contained and allows me to drive windows down/top down at 40+ mph with no stray locks blowing about, and no pony tails required either.

The other thing I've discovered the wind deflector does is it serves as a quasi air filter. You would be amazed at the amount of "junk" I routinely clean off the upright screen of the wind deflector. Every time I wipe the deflector down and see all the brake dust/exhaust fallout on it rather than on the interior of my car I shake my head in amazement but under my breath utter a little "thank you".

Euro Modded|Split Armrest|Rear Foglight Mod|BMW Performance Exhaust|CDV Delete|Shark Fin Antenna Delete|Front Reflector Delete|LUX H8 Angel Eyes|328i|3 Pedals|Das Fahren im Freien| BMWCCA#445793