Thread: X3 or wagon
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 04:34 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 435i GC pending
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerovector View Post
I have to admit I'm tempted to get an X3 with the holiday credit + USAA + loyalty + bmw ultimate drive app.... BUT... is anyone else excited for the upcoming F31 wagon? The MSport wagon looks so cool.

I do like the MSport X3 as well, I've been on the fence for quite some time about ordering one. I have a baby due in January so I'm not sure I want to wait that long but the wagon actually looks cool for once. The wife and I have been sharing the car and I've heard they are going to announce wagon availability dates and pricing in January, with possible April deliveries. We've been a one car family since May of this year and I'm not sure how much longer I can wait

Does anyone have an MSport with Dynamic Handling (28 or 35) that could comment on the feel of driving it? I've driven an MSport without dynamic handling and thought it handled pretty well, but, I have never owned an SUV before.

The only things that bothered me were some of the noise from the run-flats and a strange wind noise at about 30-35mph that I heard when city driving.

I don't, yet, own an X3 but have the same opinion that from pictures I like the styling of the 3 series (F31) wagon vs. the X3. I came to the same conclusion when recently looking at the Audi Q5 vs. Allroad. However with the same level of equipment the Allroad was $3k USD higher. Not sure why but with more interior space the Q5, IMO, was a better value. I say this wondering if the same will be true of the BMW's.

With the upcoming F31/3-series wagon, the unknown is the release date, available equipment and pricing. I guess it depends on your situation and by extension timeline for needing a vehicle. If you can wait until more information is released on the wagon, it could work in your favor.

All things being equal in-terms of pricing, equipment, etc., I believe that I would go with the wagon. But the X3 is a great alternative.