View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 06:09 AM
Cogito Ergo Zoom

Mein Auto: 325iT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Bob View Post
Yeah, seriously....back when they still had the NYC Auto Show at the Coliseum, my roomie and I were at the Ferrari exhibit, we were discussing the finer points of the cars with a rather unkempt-looking guy, with shaggy hair, 3 days worth of beard, and wearing a red & black plaid wool lumberjack`s jacket.
That guy was Jay Leno, back before he took over Johnny Carson`s spot on the Tonight Show....
One year, the father of a kid who worked at my shop worked for Ferrari NA. He got me on the list and me and my two buddies got behind the velvet rope at the display at the auto show. We were all dressed pretty casually, having just come from a bike race in Brooklyn, but the salesman took us very seriously and spent lots of time explaining the features on the then new 360.

First rule of retail ( I learned a long time ago): assume everyone you talk to has a black card burning a hole in their pocket and work backwards from there. Never judge based on looks, they could be a rock star, Internet millionaire or trustafarian. I was shocked when I went into a very fancy local BMW dealer to buy oil this year ( it was on sale) and as I wondered around looking at new cars on a slow day, not a single salesperson said a word to me. I bet places like that lose more sales than they know about.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...?id=1338939628
"I May Be Going To Hell In A Bucket But At Least I'm Enjoying The Ride"