View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 07:32 AM
Praetorian

Mein Auto: 07 E92 335i 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj745 View Post
You guys can do what you like and what you prefer. But if my good friend were sending texts like that to my wife I'd beat him down. And if my wife was accepting it from the douche then it's good-bye. It's called "cheating". Sugar coat it and rationalize it all you want, but there's no excuse.
That was my point exactly. You're imagining the scenario in a certain context with specific conditions. If Husband A is sending questionable texts to Wife B and they weren't solicited and Wife B wants it to stop then that is wrong. However there could be other circumstances which would make this behavior understandable. So, it's possible that Husband A & Wife B aren't happy with their spouses for whatever reason. At this point where a few texts have been exchanged no one needs to get beat up or divorced. I reiterate that if they're going to act on it then they need to be upfront but for right now they each need to evaluate their marriages and decide if any action should be taken. The other possibility you need to consider is that these two couples might be OK with that type of behavior. I know couples that have very relaxed rules regarding flirting and what they do (and have stayed married for over 10 years), for example going out to bars and flirting with other people right in front of each other. I know married people that go out on a "women's only" or "men's only" vacation. Guess what? Both parties are OK with it and some even think it's healthy for their relationship.