Thread: E39 love
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 07:43 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2003 530 Sport Twins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Five30Eye View Post
I can understand the dislike of the automatic transmission in an enthusiast sports car, if that's how we all agree an E39 should be classified. All the BMW forums I've visited seem to be pre-disposed against autos, which is fine by me. However, in my case, I'm getting old.......I've spent the last twenty years driving a stick, my left foot is TIRED. The steptronic computer can do things WAY faster and with more precision than my old decaying brain can. I'm not into chirping tires to get attention or having to feather the clutch on a hill, I'm just at a different point in my life. I don't take it to the track and I rarely exceed posted speed limits on purpose. Call me boring or old fashioned, hell, call me stupid and ignorant, don't bother me none. I am just looking for a more relaxed, connected experience on my daily commutes to and from the office, and my auto delivers that in spades! Just flicking into sport mode gives me about the same engine braking I had in my last stick, how's that saying go; "to each thier own"

Swapping out the transmission sounds like WAY more than a "mod", sounds like the car would be non-op for a month or more while all the details are ironed out, no thanks, I'll keep my old-man auto.
good choice for 2003 530i Sport Auto
i hate stick by default , too many in my life , this is for young guns trying to get more milliseconds from every run not for old folks
I drove many rent cars in my life but BMW steptronic is one of the best around and has 3 different modes
what else do you need for your daily community, totally agree with you
Enjoy your new ride

BMW E38/E39 Rear Axle/Differential Bush Tool

Last edited by champaign777; 12-02-2012 at 07:53 AM.