View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 01:15 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 550i 6 sp Manual+35d
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoUnion View Post
I love my X5, but I'm not sure I buy that the ride/handling is better than the X5. The Porsche is quite a but lighter and above all, it's a Porsche. If they can do one thing well, it is driving dynamics. Same can't be said for BMW anymore
I agree with you that Porsche's driving dynamics are the best (the Cayman is my favorite) and I'm sure that this Cayenne GTS would have handled better if it had a few more option boxes ticked, like the one that takes care of body roll which I asked and it didn't have - and the ride would have been better too (maybe) if the wheels had been smaller . . but .. .. as I drove it my X5 is better. As far as the weight difference, yes it's lighter and feels lighter. In fact, it feels like a car with an overboosted power steering. Even the sitting position is so low with the ride height set to low that it feels like a tall car/crossover type and not an SUV.

I am thinking about replacing my 550 with an M5 but I like my wife's X5 so much that I thought that perhaps the Cayenne GTS would be as exciting as the M5 or even my 550. I'm so glad I drove it since it took away all thoughts I had of getting a Porsche SUV.

Finally, I don't like the X5M because it rides like a truck and it looks the same as the one I have, and the Porsche Cayenne Turbo gets to about $160K when I tick all the boxes with the stuff I want - and it is the biggest gas hog of them all