View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 09:14 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 2012 650i xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by XZLR8 View Post
Thanks.

Drive and handling wise, I don't feel a lot of difference. Of course, the engine upgrade is nice and certainly noticeable. It seems smoother overall, too. No difference in exhaust note that I've noticed. Of course, I've again opted for a non-MSport in part because of the exhaust note.

There's a detectable difference in seating position that's interesting to me. I copied my settings, including the seat settings, from the old car to the new one, but something is still different... a bit more sedan-like and upright than I tended to sit in the Coupe. I'd read somewhere that the seats in the GC are bolted in an inch or two higher than the Coupe/Vert, so maybe that's it.

And three big cheers for Individual leather. The Canyon Brown is gorgeous... and leather everywhere.
That leather is gorgeous. Is the glovebox door covered in leather with the Individual? And what about the backs of the front seats? I'd hope that they'd do away with the Dakota seat backs in the GC. All of the GCs I've been inside of were 640i GCs, and they had Dakota everywhere.

I remember reading the same thing about the GC seats mounted higher. It would be difficult for them to make the seats any lower than the coupe/'vert without making the driver reminiscent of someone in a rap video or Mavis on her way to bingo.

I was at the dealer yesterday, and I was again shocked about the legroom in the back. All 6' 4" of me were okay, but my head did touch the roof. Considering a small percentage of the world is as annoyingly tall as I am, I think it can be counted as a success.

Are you loving the full LEDs? They look gorgeous... Just had to say that again...For the hundredth time

650i xDrive Coupe (2012), Carbon Black/Black/Gray Poplar, M Sport, Full LEDs, 20" 373M Wheels, ARS,
HUD, CWP, Premium Sound, Nappa Dash w/ Contrast Stitching, Ceramic Controls, BMW Apps, PCD
http://www.youtube.com/user/Southern6er22
http://southern6er22.blogspot.com/